[rt-users] Upgrade RT 3.4 to 3.6 on Debian

Harald Kapper hk at kapper.net
Mon Jan 8 06:06:54 EST 2007

> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 21:26:07 +0530
> From: Raj Mathur <raju at linux-delhi.org>
> Subject: [rt-users] Upgrade RT 3.4 to 3.6 on Debian
> To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com
>
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded my Debian system running RT 3.4.5-1 with
> PostgreSQL.  The upgrade caused some issues, including the one
> described in:
>
>   http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2005-August/033304.html
>
> I fixed that by hacking the code in Elements/Callback to change the
> path to comp_root_array.  However there are still issues in the
> system, e.g. not being able to search for tickets based on number.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has upgraded from RT 3.4 to 3.6 on Debian
> (Debian package: request-tracker3.6 version 3.6.1-3)?  Was the
> upgrade smooth, or if not, is there something I can do to make the
> transition smooth?
>
> Failing that, is there a more permanent fix for the issue in
> RT 3.4 on
> Debian?
>
> Regards,
>
> -- Raju
> --
> Raj Mathur            raju at kandalaya.org   http://kandalaya.org/
>        GPG: 78D4 FC67 367F 40E2 0DD5  0FEF C968 D0EF CC68 D17F
>                       It is the mind that moves

hi
we're running RT on debian since years and upgraded to 3.6 also quite
recently. the transition was very smooth, but we only took the old
SiteConfig as well as the old database onto the new server (which is
obviously running etch/testing). did the upgrade-sql-statements and
everything was fine.

jfyi - we're running mysql on the backend.

best
hk