[rt-users] Search not working

Kyle Sharp ksharp at thesunvalleygroup.com
Mon Jan 8 16:35:19 EST 2007

I am continually frustrated by the search function in the RT program.  I
want to search through the content of a ticket, but everytime I attemp to I
get a returned result of zero.  Even if I go to an advanced search and enter
"content LIKE 'word'" I still get a result of nothing.  However, I am able
to perform a search by looking for a word that is contained in the subject,
but never a word that is in the content.  I started originally with RT Ver
3.4.5 running with ActivePerl ver. 5.8.8, Apache server 2.2.3, and MySQL
Server 5.0 on a WindowXP machine.  I then attempted to search through the
wiki and other online articles to reveal any information on the problem that
I am having.  When I could not find anything, I then attempted to move to a
Linux box and try from there.  I used RT Ver. 3.6.3 with ActivePerl ver.
5.8.8, Apache server 2.2.3, and MySQL Server 5.0.  Then I still had the same
problem with the search not searching through the content of the tickets
that I created.  I then went back to my WindowsXP machine and went from
MySQL Server 5.0 to MySQL Server 4.1 to see if that was part of the problem.
Alas, I have still run into the same problem.  I would really like to use
this program for my Help Desk solution, but I am not sure why I am having
this difficulty.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks