[rt-users] RT-Mailgate & SSL Problem

Mat W lmw94002 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 10 08:43:05 EST 2007

I found several mentions, suggestions, etc regarding using RT over HTTPS and
how to configure RT-Mailgate but I could not inbound emails into the queue.

I've receiving these errors:
Running /var/spool/mqueue/l09MMkDP026633 (sequence 2 of 7)
"|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url
https://www.domain.com/rt/"... Connecting to prog...
"|/etc/smrsh/rt-mailgate --queue general --action correspond --url
https://www.domain.com/rt/"... Deferred: prog mailer (/usr/sbin/smrsh)
exited with EX_TEMPFAIL

I've found a temporary (or maybe permanent) workaround by creating a
VirtualHost for "localhost" that is just HTTP. and using "--url
http://localhost/rt/" in my alias file.

I just started testing but haven't seen anything horribly wrong yet.  Just
curious if anyone else got this to work differently?