[rt-users] vanished lines in rt 3.6.1 reply

Sven Sternberger sven.sternberger at desy.de
Fri Jan 12 10:58:51 EST 2007

Hello!

I upgraded the perl module Text::Quoted to the version 1.8, but the
problem is still the same

> I tried to track down the problem, it only happens when I made a reply
> to an transaction, a reply to the ticket is always ok.
> The weird thing is that sometimes the first reply
> is okay but in the second reply the new entered lines are vanished
again
> (the lines from the first try are still visible)
>
> It is not the word "cpan" which triggers the problem, but anything
> in the form /^\w+>/ (this is an regexp).

I now recognized the following:
I create a ticket with a line which something
like /^\w+>/
RESULT: ok

I reply on these transaction and enter again /^\w+>/
RESULT: ok

I reply on the reply transaction with an /^\w+>/
RESULT: the newly entered line vanish

So it is pretty clear that the quote mechanism is
broken if you have more than one reply level

best regards!

sven