[rt-users] Can't call method "Content"

rjansen at vub.ac.be rjansen at vub.ac.be
Fri Jan 12 22:22:19 EST 2007

>> That's an upgrade, then ;)   Did you run all the
>> database upgrade
>> scripts?
>
> I dont really understand what I am suppose to do....
>
> The machine I'm installing RT on is new but the
> database is a remote database that we currently use
> with RT 3.4.2. We want to use the current data in the
> database in our newer version of RT. So should I do
> everything from the begining like it's a fresh install
> or "make upgrade"?
>
> Brian

>From the "README" file in the distribution, thr folowing snippit from
section 7:

after you did a "make upgrade"
-----------------
You may also need to update RT's database.  To find out, type:

       ls etc/upgrade

     For each item in that directory whose name is greater than
     your previously installed RT version, run:

       /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action schema \
           --datadir etc/upgrade/<version>
       /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action acl \
           --datadir etc/upgrade/<version>
       /opt/rt3/sbin/rt-setup-database --action insert \
            --datadir etc/upgrade/<version>

-----------------

Hope this helps.

Really, the "README" is there for a reason.

My 2 cents.

Regards

Ing. Jansen Robert
Brussels University