[rt-users] Best practices - reporting

Mathew Snyder theillien at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 13 00:07:24 EST 2007

Well, there is the reporting tool built into RT.  I don't know about older
versions but the 3.6 branch has plenty of options.  Just not a simple means of
building new reports.  These can be graphed and exported as needed.  I've found
that the options provided, while extensive, aren't very useful.

Here at work we were tossing around the idea of using Crystal Reports.  But,
since there is no Perl API for this application, it would be difficult to use
within RT and my Perl skills prevent me from creating this API.

There was, for older versions, an add-on called RT-Statistics but it appears to
have been ignored by its creator for quite some time and no one else has taken
up the task of updating it.  Again, my Perl skills prevent me from doing this.
I have, though, discovered that it is incompatible with the 3.6 branch.