[rt-users] Re: PGP signed attachments being 'broken'

Dave Ewart davee at ceu.ox.ac.uk
Wed Jan 17 09:04:43 EST 2007

On Monday, 15.01.2007 at 13:35 +0000, Dave Ewart wrote:

> I'm using RT to manage support for an academic department of 60 staff.
> Many staff use PGP/MIME to sign their email[1], which is great.
>
> Unfortunately, mail which passes through RT and is PGP/MIME signed is
> 'broken':
>
> - The signature is identified as a normal attachment, as far as I can
> see, and is added to the 'Attachments' section of the ticket display:
> this is unhelpful, since if a ticket consists of many email messages
> and replies, there will be many signatures appearing here;
>
> - The outgoing mail, which was originally signed in the MUA, includes
> the signature as an attachment (signature.asc), but the Content
> headers (or MIME information) is modified (as compared to the original
> message) meaning that the email arriving at its destination is no
> longer a valid PGP/MIME message.
>
> Anyone have any hints or ideas about how to handle this?
>
> [I can supply example messages and headers if required, but I won't
> clutter the list with them unless they're really needed: my suspicion
> is that this is a not uncommon problem, although I haven't found any
> helpful discussion in the archives about it.]

Just following up on my own post: is this a problem that no-one else has
come across?

Dave.
--
Dave Ewart
davee at ceu.ox.ac.uk
Computing Manager, Cancer Epidemiology Unit
Cancer Research UK / Oxford University
PGP: CC70 1883 BD92 E665 B840 118B 6E94 2CFD 694D E370
Get key from http://www.ceu.ox.ac.uk/~davee/davee-ceu-ox-ac-uk.asc
N 51.7518, W 1.2016