[rt-users] Mandatory fields and tiket creation

Raphael Berlamont Raphael.berlamont at raphux.com
Thu Jan 18 05:41:02 EST 2007

Hello list,

I'm trying to use the "mandatory" functionnality, and I'm facing a problem.

I have a special queue, let's say "L1". Operators who create a ticket in
this queue have some custom fields that I'd like to make mandatory. That's
what I did. But as you know, there is two ways to create a ticket :

- You can use the button at the top of the page, named "New ticket in" and
select the right queue => No problem, the mandatory custom field apears,
and we can't validate the ticket until it's filled
- You can use the "Quick ticket creation", fill a subject, select the
right queue, and click the "Create" button. The ticket will then be
created in the queue, and you may manually edit it. The thing is, if you
edit this ticket, you're no longer forced to fill the mandatory custom
field. But if you fill it once, it then can not return to blank.

Do you have any suggestion to make a custom field "always" mandatory? Even
if you created a ticket with a blank mandatory field?

--
Raphael Berlamont.