[rt-users] RT Essentials -- how relevant to 3.6.3?

Steve Holmes sholmes42 at mac.com
Thu Jan 18 11:11:42 EST 2007

I was dissappointed in the book. I thought it just almost told me what I
wanted and needed to know, but not quite. For example writing scrips, the
command line interface, and reporting. It just didn't provide enough detail.
On the topic of custom fields it just says they are adding them in a later
version of RT. I think the next edition should be twice as long with a lot
more detail on the nitty gritty.

Steve Holmes

On 1/17/07, Jason Fenner <jfenner at vitamix.com> wrote:

> Joe Casadonte wrote:
> > Just wondering how relevant the first edition of RT Essentials is to
> > the current release of RT?  Thanks!
> >

> IMHO, the book is still fully relevant to the current release of RT.
> The topics that the book covers are 'core' concepts of RT.  These rarely
> if ever change.
>
> Jason
> aka 'axelilly'
>
> > --
> > Regards,
> >

> > joe
> > Joe Casadonte
> > jcasadonte at northbound-train.com

> >          Llama Fresh Farms => http://www.northbound-train.com
> >     Ramblings of a Gay Man => http://www.northbound-train.com/ramblings
> >                Emacs Stuff => http://www.northbound-train.com/emacs.html
> >           Music CD Trading => http://www.northbound-train.com/cdr.html

> > Community help: http://wiki.bestpractical.com
> > Commercial support: sales at bestpractical.com
> >

> > Discover RT's hidden secrets with RT Essentials from O'Reilly Media.
> > Buy a copy at http://rtbook.bestpractical.com

I believe I found the missing link between animal and civilized man. It is
us. -Konrad Lorenz, ethologist, Nobel laureate (1903-1989)

We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by
the majority who participate. -Thomas Jefferson, third US president,
architect and author (1743-1826)