[rt-users] Dev & Prod RT

Toby Darling darling at ccdc.cam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 19 05:03:56 EST 2007

Hi

>> My bigger concern is when i go to add things to the interface, or
>> generally muck around in RT :)
>
> The Interface stuff tends to be editing files in /opt/rt3/local so your
> rsync should work there.
> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?CleanlyCustomizeRT

I've been using plain old scp between dev and prod, mainly because
there's usually other stuff in dev that isn't ready for prod just yet.

We're now looking at going to 3.6.x and I'm thinking about changing this
and using CVS - commit on dev, update on prod; and it would also give a
nice trail of how files change over time (there's one file that's had 3
edits for 3 separate tweaks, but 6 months down the line and I'm having
trouble figuring what's doing what). Any thoughts?

Cheers
Toby