[rt-users] 3.6.1 userRight commentOnTicket=false will not hide comment-Buttons

Olaf Hamann pooka at t-online.de
Thu Jan 25 07:44:38 EST 2007

Hello,

we're using RT3.6.1 on freebsd.

I found some pieces of code which trigger whether RT shows up
'Comment'-Buttons or not.

Code pieces look like

...userHasRight('CommentOnTicket')
	OR
...userHasRight('ModifyTicket') .

Since we have to set ModifyTicket=true to all of our users so that they
can change custom field values, we only want to allow a minority of them
the right to create a comment.

So they have userRight 'ModifyTicket' but not 'CommentOnTicket'.

So I changed that lines of Code to
...userHasRight('CommentOnTicket')
	AND
...userHasRight('ModifyTicket') .

for the effect, that 'Comment'-Links disappear from Main menu and
Transaction menu and from SelectionList in Update-Forms.

Code changed in :
- html/Ticket/Update.html
- html/Ticket/ModifyAll.html
- html/Ticket/Elements/Tabs
- html/Ticket/Elements/ShowTransaction

Do you agree with this change or are there some side effects, which I
did not recognize?

Could I also  (would'nt it be better to)
delete the whole   ' or $Ticket->CurrentUserHasRight('ModifyTicket')'
-Part of those if-clauses?

Many thanks in advance

Regards,

Olaf Hamann