[rt-users] Mysql to Postgres Problems

Gilmar Santos Jr gilmarsantosjr at safernet.org.br
Sat Jan 27 14:58:15 EST 2007

Hello Mario,

I considered migrating a couple weeks ago. I wrote a tutorial[1] about
it and a Perl script to help with the process. I've just added a few
instructions at RT wiki.

We have almost 400.000 tickets and had serious performance problems. Pg
performed much worse than MySQL, even after performance tunning
configurations. After increasing innodb_buffer_poll_size (MySQL's
configuration directive) the performance problem was gone.

I tested with RT 3.4.5, but i think it will work fine on 3.6, since
there were no schema changes.

ps.: create database on postgre with encoding *latin1*.

Good luck,
Gilmar Santos Jr