[rt-users] How to configure RT 3.6 to connect to MySQL through a socket?

Luis Motta Campos l.campos at blinck.com
Tue Jul 3 11:03:22 EDT 2007

   Hi, List.

   I would like to configure my development environment to use a
socket to connect to my mysql.
   I'm trying to use mysql so I can restore backups from the
production system to serve as development data.
   I'm running into trouble because the development environment here
works on (user-owned) sockets only and doesn't read the permission
tables - is this a bigger issue than trying to connect to the
database throught a custom-named socket?

   I was thinking about implementing a RT/Handle_Local.pm overlay to
force the database, but there should be a cleaner way to do this. Can
someone please point me to the right direction before I start writing
code?

   Thanks in advance.
--
Luis Motta Campos