[rt-users] Assigning owner on reply

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Thu Jul 5 11:18:32 EDT 2007

Hi Matt,

Here's how I use a queue-context scrip to assign owner when an admincc
replies to a ticket.

Condition: User Defined
Action: User Defined
Template: Global template: Blank
Stage: TransactionCreate

Custom condition:
{ ### True if e-mail is from admincc member
   my $Ticket = $self->TicketObj;
   my $Transaction = $self->TransactionObj;
   my $CreatorId = $Transaction->CreatorObj->Id;
   my $Queue = $self->TicketObj->QueueObj;
   my $val = $Transaction->Type eq 'Correspond'
          && $Queue->IsAdminCc($CreatorId);
   return $val;
}

Custom action preparation code:
return 1;

Custom action cleanup code:
### Set owner to e-mail sender
my $Ticket = $self->TicketObj;
my $Transaction = $self->TransactionObj;
my $CreatorId = $Transaction->CreatorObj->Id;
### I use this because I don't want to create a transaction
$Ticket->_Set(Field=>'Owner', Value=>$CreatorId, RecordTransaction=>0);
### Could use the following instead if you don't mind triggering another event
### $Ticket->SetOwner($CreatorId);

Regards,
Gene

--