[rt-users] Issue with command by email extension

Andreas Ittgenshorst rt at ittgenshorst.de
Thu Jul 5 18:50:27 EDT 2007

Robert G. Werner wrote:
> To deal with I use the attached perl script to filter out colons to mail
> coming to rt queues exposed to the outside world.  This could easily be
> modified to add exceptions,  other munging of the message,  etc.

Notice that AFAIK the regex you are using 's/^(\w+):(.*)$/${1}${2}/;' will
not catch the command that is used to set custom field values.

CF.{customer}: MrEd

Because I use the interface to set custom fields, I check also against the
next one. Sure it will not catch everything, but it works for me.

}

If someone knows a better way to catch really everything, please let me know.

Friendly,
Andreas