[rt-users] Display problem in both RT 3.6.1 and 3.6.4

Sean stroke_of_death at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 9 20:41:36 EDT 2007

Hi,

I've searched the message archives and found someone else mentioning this problem, but found no solution.

Basically, in both RT 3.6.1 and 3.6.4, when I am seeing the following problem:

1. Sometimes menu bars across the top "jump" down a line or two when I move my mouse over them.
    This happens in IE 6 and IE 7, but not firefox
2. On the "RT At a glance" page (and not really any others off the top of my head) The right-hand border
    of the boxes (plus 1/2 a character) is chopped off (no moving the scroll bar to the side either)
    This happens in IE 6 and IE 6, but not firefox

and

3. (This is where this problem really affects me) - I created a custom field that was a combo-box
    I have created the box with anywhere between 1 and 7 entries, and still have the problem -
    when going to the ticket to edit the drop-down, the drop-down does not appear. I can "highlight"
    around the box, I can type text into the white-space where the box should be and even save
    what I type - but no drop-down capabilities (so no choosing) - the funny thing is - to create
    the custom field, I use a combo-box on the create a custom field page, so I know that the actual
    javascript code and my browser work with it.
    Again -- This happens  in IE 6 and IE 7, but not firefox

Nearest I can tell, this may be a problem with the way IE parses older CSS, which is why I upgraded
my RT to 3.6.4, but this didn't fix it.

I really wouldn't care if it was just #1 and #2, but #3 is really going to have a huge impact if i can't implement the combo-box.

 I will be more than happy to gather any required information in order to assist in figuring this out.

Thanks,
Jeff