[rt-users] Custom Field Validation

Kevin Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Tue Jul 10 12:49:29 EDT 2007

We are looking at using Asset Tracker with our RT install.

I am wondering - what kind of method does anyone use to make sure you do
not accidentally enter an asset twice -- or enter in the same info for 2
different assets?

For example, while entering in Laptop #36 and laptop #37 as two
different assets, you accidentally put in the same serial number for
them.  Or after entering in laptop #36, you take a break - then when you
come back you enter in the info for laptop #36 a second time.

Currently, I am thinking a custom field of "Serial Number" would
suffice, but is there any way to check that each value in that custom
field is unique for each asset?

I would love to hear from anyone using AT what they do to keep their
records valid.

--
http://gentgeen.homelinux.org