[rt-users] 3.6 HOWTO create a new right?

Mathew theillien at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 10 13:46:31 EDT 2007

Ole Craig wrote:
>     I'd like to create some new rights within RT 3.6 (currently running
> 3.6.0, but moving to 3.6.4 as soon as I can find time to test the
> upgrade.)
>
>     Here are the rights I'm thinking about; can anyone suggest where I
> should be looking to get started, and/or holler at me if I'm obviously
> misunderstanding the RT rights paradigm? (Alternatively, if something
> like this stuff is already being worked on in 3.7, I'd love to hear
> about it... :-)
>
>     The need behind this is to enable various people within our OEM
> partners to view the tickets that have been created by other members of
> their respective organizations, without being able to see (for instance)
> tickets created by other OEMs.
>

> SeeGroupTickets
> ShowGroupTickets
> ReplyToGroupTickets
>
> SeeGroupTickets:
>         A Principal with this privilege enabled for a particular group
>         can list tickets where any Requestor is a member of the group on
>         which the right has been granted and the Principal has the
>         SeeQueue right for the queue in which the tickets reside.
>
> ShowGroupTickets:
>         A Principal with this privilege enabled for a particular group
>         has the ShowTicket right for tickets where any Requestor is a
>         member of the group on which the right has been granted and
>         where the Principal has the SeeQueue right for the queue in
>         which the tickets reside.
>
> ReplyToGroupTickets
>         A Principal with this privilege enabled for a particular group
>         has the ReplyToTicket right for tickets where any Requestor is a
>         member of the group on which the right has been granted.
>

> 	Thanks,
> 		Ole

Isn't this something that can be accomplished using Queues?  All you
should have to do is create a queue and a group that has the rights
you're describing but use the built-in rights.  Then simply assign all
of the OEM users to the group.

Mathew
Keep up with my goings on at http://theillien.blogspot.com