[rt-users] Couldnt open File 'sessions.MYI' in /opt/rt3/var/session_data

Ole Craig ocraig at stillsecure.com
Wed Jul 11 15:55:37 EDT 2007

John -
    If your mysql database is located on /var and /var filled up, you're
hosed. (If there's a database engine anywhere that can deal gracefully
with an inability to write to its backing filestore during normal
operations, it's definitely not MySQL.)

    Your best hope is probably to restore /var from a backup made before
the partition choked.

	Sorry,
		Ole

On Wed, 2007-07-11 at 12:48 -0700, John Schubert wrote:
[...]
> The system is a 3 year old RT (RT 3.0.4 I believe)
> that has been running without problems.  The /var
> partition filled up at some point in time and this
> error occurred sometime around the same time.  I could
> give all the sys info but it got no response last
> time.
[...]

--
/Ole Craig