[rt-users] RT 3.4.x and RT 3.6.x on same backend DB?

Mathew theillien at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 11 18:27:23 EDT 2007

Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> Hi RT community,
>
> In order to facilitate the testing, development and migration
> from our current RT 3.4.5pre1 to the RT 3.6.4 release, I would
> like to run both versions  against the same database backend.
> The additional attributes that are added to the database by the
> etc/upgrade/3.5.1 script do not appear to conflict with anything
> in the 3.4.5pre release. Assuming that the session table information
> is still the same, it appears that both RT versions can be in use
> simultaneously against the same database with no ill effects. Has
> anyone tried this? Am I missing any possible problems?
>
> Regards,
> Ken

This is a bad idea in general.  Any testing environments should be based
against their own databases.  The last thing you want to do is corrupt
your production database should something go wrong with the development
environment.  I just make a dump file of the live database and import it
into the development environment whenever I need new data to work with

Mathew
Keep up with my goings on at http://theillien.blogspot.com