[rt-users] Upgrade to 3.6.3 gives Problems if Queue has & character in name

Alain Sips asips at nl.clara.net
Thu Jul 12 04:28:28 EDT 2007

>> I did an upgrade from 3.4.5 to 3.6.3. Everything seems to be working
>> fine, except 1 queue.
>> There is a queue called "Messina & RT", and if I click on this in the
>> quicksearch table, it returns no results (in the quicksearch table it
>> does say how many open, new and stalled tickets there are for this
>> queue, so it can find the queue).
>>
>> If I now go to edit search, I get the following message:
>>
>> *Results*
>> Error near ->Messina<- expecting a VALUE in 'Queue = 'Messina '
>> I'm lost
>>
>> Also in the search field it says:
>> "Queue = 'Messina "
>> (so at the ampersand it stops parsing).
>>
>> We never had a problem with this in the previous version, so I guess
>> it is a bug?
>>
>> Is there something I can do about this?
>>

> Can you test out RT 3.6.4RC2?
>
> Best,
> Jesse

Hey Jesse,

I tried it in 3.6.4 and here it seems to work fine. No problems anymore :-)

One thing that I noticed is: if you edit the name of your queue, the
Quick Search table doesn't update itself. The old queue name stays in
it, and you have to edit Quick search. Here you do find the new name of
the queue. You have to unselect it and select it again and then the
correct queue name (and therefor correct results) will be found in the
Quick Search.

Thanks,
Alain