[rt-users] Users seem to be created automagically

jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Fri Jul 13 08:50:14 EDT 2007

Stefan, in a nutshell, this is the default behavior of RT.  Users get
created when added as CC to a ticket, or when some 'outside' user creates a
ticket via email.

But those users are disabled by default - they don't have permissions.  The
reason you don't see those users in the drop-down list is because you need
to select 'include disabled users in search' at the bottom of the screen.

I don't think you can delete those users other than removing them manually
from the DB - but I don't think that would be a good idea.  There is no
reason to delete them in the first place.

James Moseley

             "Stefan Marx"
             <Stefan.Marx at SCHO
             BER.DE>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  <rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com>
             rt-users-bounces@                                          cc
             lists.bestpractic
             al.com                                                Subject
                                       [rt-users] Users seem to be created
                                       automagically
             07/13/2007 07:31
             AM

Hi,

I have some users in our RT 3.6.3 which seem to be created
automagically by having someone placing their email-address into some
fields (I think some users have CC'ed them like in their email-system)
However, they do not appear in most drop-down lists, where I can choose
users, only in some.

But how can I get rid of them, they do not show up in the users list,
and how can I change this behaviour? Is it enough to clean them out of
the Users-table in the database? And is there a configuration parameter
to stop them from appearing?

Regards, Stefan