[rt-users] Configuring Apache for RT

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Mon Jul 16 20:14:59 EDT 2007

System is Fedora Core 7

[root at rt3 ~]# rpm -q httpd
httpd-2.2.4-4.1.fc7
[root at rt3 ~]# rpm -q rt3
rt3-3.6.3-1.fc7

I'm getting the message about needing to configure the web server for
mod_perl, FastCGI, or SpeedyCGI  The Fedora wiki skips right over this
part.  In the source wiki,
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/FastCGIConfiguration talks about it a
bit, but I just cannot figure out what I need to do to translate those
instructions... they obviously assume that you're using source and some
defaults that uses, but with Fedora, things are just different.  I tried
working with:

# Tell FastCGI to put its temporary files somewhere sane.
FastCgiIpcDir /tmp

# Number of processes is tunable, but you need at least 3 or 4
FastCgiServer /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi -idle-timeout 120
-processes 4

<VirtualHost rt.example.com>

   ServerName rt.example.com
   DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
   ErrorLog /var/logs/apache2/logs/rt.example.com_error
   CustomLog /var/logs/apache2/logs/rt.example.com-access_log common
   AddHandler fastcgi-script fcgi
   ScriptAlias / /opt/rt3/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/

</VirtualHost>

But that makes httpd fail to start with nothing echoed to
/var/log/httpd/error_log so I'm stuck.

What needs to be done to get RT working under FC7?