[rt-users] Query Builder Problems

Chris Poupart chris.poupart at mcgill.ca
Tue Jul 17 13:32:35 EDT 2007

Hi All,

I am in the process of upgrading our installation (and migrating to a
new server) from 3.2.2 to 3.6.1.

So far, I haven't had any problems, except for some performance issues
with the Query Builder.

Specifically, the behaviour for populating the drop down list for the
"Owner" field in 3.2.2 is simply to list all the currently authorized
users.  This limits you in that you can't search by people who have been
deactivated, etc.

In 3.6 (and i think even in 3.4) this behaviour was changed and the drop
down is populated with ALL users, including deactivated users.  This is
a huge performance hit for us as it loads a few thousand names.  Instead
of the Build.html page loading in under a second, it takes roughly 20
seconds.  As well, with that many names in the dropdown, it is almost
completely useless to use.

I am unfortunately not much of a Perl hacker, and so I am not sure where
to make the changes to fix this.  Ideally, I would love to replace the
drop-down with a text field for free-form entry, but barring that, I
would settle with returning the behaviour to the way that it is in 3.2.

Any hints would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris Poupart
Network System Administrator
Development, Alumni and University Relations
McGill University