[rt-users] Configuring Apache for RT

John Oliver joliver at john-oliver.net
Tue Jul 17 19:07:03 EDT 2007

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 04:36:26PM -0500, jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com wrote:
> You state starting apache still fails...  I assume you did do the
> following:
>
> yum install mod_fcgid

Yes.

> Honestly, I would uninstall the RT3 RPM and install RT from source.
> Documentation is fairly straightforward.

Not an option.  I wasted a week trying to resolve an endless string of
dependencies and was never able to get anywhere close to where I am now.

The fact that there are RPMs available in the yum repositories is more
likely to mean that someone has been able to make them work, rather than
someone is just a sadistic bastard.  I just wish they had bothered to
document the process.