[rt-users] Couldnt open File 'sessions.MYI' in /opt/rt3/var/session_data

John Schubert johnschubert at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 18 16:38:10 EDT 2007

I went through the MySQL tutorials and created test
tables to delete, within test databases and got that
down.  I also went ahead and practiced importing and
populating fields within a table, from a flat file.

I've gone through all the the RT documentation,
researched the archives, and even went through all of
the files in my version's archive ( tar file ).
However I can't find the command that creates the
table during initial installation.  I believe the
sessions table is actually something very simple from
a post I found in the email archives.

So, I'm asking for a little help since I'm again at a
standstill.

Where is the script that creates the DB to begin with?
Maybe I could use something from initial-database to
manually create it myself.

Can someone do a show tables and then show what the DB
is expecting (char, number, etc) for fields within the
table 'sessions'?  I could just make the command
myself to create if I know what is being passed to
MySQL.

Thanks again.  It feels like I'm only a step or two
from getting this back up. If I get it back up, I'll
create a simple "How-To" on how I recovered from this
for the next noob...and how to avoid.

Respectfully,
John

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/database-use.html