[rt-users] Couldnt open File 'sessions.MYI' in /opt/rt3/var/session_data

Scott Hill shill at metro-dentalcare.com
Thu Jul 19 12:35:07 EDT 2007

On 7/18/07 5:58 PM, "John Schubert" <johnschubert at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now to go back and do the
> tutorial on DB back up and do it myself, and then
> figure out how to automate pushing it to another place
> on an all Microsoft shop (on which I have no
> permissions anywhere).

I just had to figure this out myself. Here's the script I worked up, with
some help from the wiki. Cron kicks it off every night. It's been running
correctly for a few days...

I'm no shell scripting expert, and there's no error catching whatsoever
right now. All the usual warnings apply: no guarantees, no warranties, YMMV.
And of course, everyone, feel free to tell me exactly where I made horrid
mistakes!

----- CUT HERE -----
#!/bin/bash
#
# rtbackup.sh
# Backup RT database & config files
# Scott Hill, 7/16/2007
# Based in part on backupRT.sh by Michael Erana
#   (http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/backupRT)

#
# Script Variables
#
SCRTMPDIR=/etc/request-tracker3.6/backup
dumpfile=rtdb-`date +%Y%m%d`.sql
rtdbuser=rtuser
rtdbpwd=password
rtdbname=rt
backupshare=//server/share
backupmountpoint=/mnt/server
shareuser=username
sharepass=password
backupdir=/mnt/server/backups
backupfn=rtbackup.zip

#
# Mount backup target volume
#
smbmount $backupshare $backupmountpoint -o
username=$shareuser,password=$sharepass

#
# Make/Verify target dirs
#
if [ ! -d $backupdir ]; then
  mkdir $backdir;
fi

if [ ! -d $SCRTMPDIR ]; then
  mkdir $SCRTMPDIR;
fi

#
# Rename any existing files, keeping a week's worth of files
#
rm $backupdir/$backupfn.6
mv $backupdir/$backupfn.5 $backupdir/$backupfn.6
mv $backupdir/$backupfn.4 $backupdir/$backupfn.5
mv $backupdir/$backupfn.3 $backupdir/$backupfn.4
mv $backupdir/$backupfn.2 $backupdir/$backupfn.3
mv $backupdir/$backupfn.1 $backupdir/$backupfn.2
mv $backupdir/$backupfn $backupdir/$backupfn.1

#
# MySQL dump
#
mysqldump --opt --add-drop-table --single-transaction -u $rtdbuser \
-p$rtdbpwd $rtdbname > $SCRTMPDIR/$dumpfile

#
# Zip up the dumpfile and the /etc/request-tracker3.6 dir
#
zip -9 $backupdir/$backupfn $SCRTMPDIR/$dumpfile /etc/request-tracker3.6/*

#
# Cleanup
#
rm $SCRTMPDIR/$dumpfile