[rt-users] can't update custom fields and ticket comments at the same time.

Khai Lam klam at snap.com
Fri Jul 20 13:31:01 EDT 2007

Hi Kenn,

I wasn't able to find what I needed from RT Essentials book, but I
did ultimately find the solution.  So I thought I'd reply for the
mailing list's sake.

The answer lies in here:
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/EditCustomFieldsOnUpdate

Apparently there was a change in how Display.html worked from 3.6.0
onwards and a "slight error" in the ProcessObjectCustomFieldUpdates
function.  As I was upgrading from 3.2 to 3.6, I needed to update the
following CallBack and html code:
rt//local/html/Callbacks/CustomFields/Ticket/Display.html/BeforeDisplay
rt/share/html/Ticket/Display.html

... see above link for the details of the necessary changes.

Applying the patches and restarting apache fixed my problem with
being unable to make my customfield changes "stick".

Thanks!
-Khai