[rt-users] monitoring RT

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Jul 23 10:17:43 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 10:15:35AM -0400, Drew Barnes wrote:
> Nagios (or something similar) monitoring each of the services seems the
> easiest way to me.  And if RT goes down, just have Nagios send an alert
> into RT and....oh, wait...

Yes, but this doesn't catch the case where the web server is working, the
database is working, but the mod_perl has got itself into a state where the
database handle is invalid and spewing errors, but DBI still thinks that it's
connected. I was already assuming that the low level services could be
monitored easily.

Nicholas Clark