[rt-users] query problem after 3.4.5 -> 3.6.4 upgrade

Brian Kerr kerrboy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 17:37:33 EDT 2007

> > The above queries were done with status delimiters.
> what is "status delimiter"?

Narrowing the search by including Status in the query.  Status has
nothing to do with the problem I'm describing.  Forget about it - it
isn't relevant.  My original email included status in the database
query and that does not match up to the query I said I built.  Sorry
for the confusion.

> > The query breaks whether or not Status is involved.  Here is one of
> I don't care about Status, but I do care about "OR". All I'm asking
> about is: "Do you understand that the first query you sent is a search
> for tickets with requestor X OR Status Y?" I'm asking it only because
> this query looks useless to me. And if it's not the query you built
> then it's the query we generate and it's a bug.

Yes.  It is using OR.  What about the query looks useless to you?  I'm
looking for any ticket owned by 'tom' or created by 'tom'.

I could make it owned by 'tom', or created by 'tom at domain.com', either
way, same result.

The query isn't useless, it displays all tickets that tom created and tom owns!

> > the broken queries without Status.  The database query below is
> > directly from "Requestor.EmailAddress LIKE 'tom' OR Owner = 'tom'"
> > formed in query builder.
> This is a different type of queries.

It sure is.  It still triggers the bad SQL.  Regardless of whether or
not status is added to the query.