[rt-users] Re: Custom field problem

Andreas Vögele avo at trustsec.de
Tue Jul 24 17:40:54 EDT 2007

Sean writes:

> Hi Forrest,
>
> I havn't really made any customizations surrounding the custom field
> area. I have added RTx::Statistics, and RTx::AssetTracker, the
> calender extension, and thats it as far as customizations above and
> beyond the normal RT.
> [...]
> If you choose ticket, when you look at a ticket, you can see the
> custom value there. If I choose ticket transactions, you don't see
> the custom field in the main ticket page, but if I were to click
> "Resolve", it shows up there. It also shows up under "basics"

How did you add the custom fields to the resolve page?

Unfortunately, the callback-based solutions described in
L<http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/EditCustomFieldsOnUpdate> are
incomplete.  If you read html/Ticket/Create.html you'll see that
there's code that validates the custom fields.  No such code is added
to Update.html though.