[rt-users] rights for create ticket in queue drop down

Kenneth Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 26 12:08:54 EDT 2007

Roy,

	We are getting ready to move to RT 3.6.4 and are testing just about
everything (we believe in heavy regression testing as well as for the
new stuff) and have learned a few new things about privileges. the
"SeeQueue" right basically lets a person create a ticket in that Queue
(via drop-down if they also have the "CreateTicket" right for that
Queue). The "ShowTicket" rights seems to be related to a user finding
tickets via Search/Query. For us, we allow some users to "SeeQueue" and
"CreateTicket" so they can create tickets but they cannot find the
tickets individually when in the web. Together, they allow a person to
create and look at the tickets. We give those rights at the Role
"Requestor" level per Queue (different Queue's want different levels of
visibility for their users). "ShowComments", "CommentOnTicket", and
"ShowOutgoingEmail" are rights we reserve for our support groups along
with "ModifyTickets", etc. (BTW, the "CommentOnTicket" is superfluous if
the "ModifyTicket" is granted). Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL