[rt-users] Update from 3.4.2 to 3.6.4 - now, only metadata and the history of an old ticket is shown

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Sat Jul 28 14:28:17 EDT 2007

Rainer,

You can use iconv to strip the offending characters from
you dump which will allow it to be imported into 8.2. In
our migration, we only had 2 bad characters in 100k tickets.
If you find a pattern in the problem characters, you could
do a DB update to clean it before the transition, too. Good
uck.

Ken