[rt-users] Update from 3.4.2 to 3.6.4 - now, only metadata and the history of an old ticket is shown

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sun Jul 29 03:24:41 EDT 2007

Am 28.07.2007 um 20:28 schrieb Kenneth Marshall:

> Rainer,
>
> You can use iconv to strip the offending characters from
> you dump which will allow it to be imported into 8.2. In
> our migration, we only had 2 bad characters in 100k tickets.
> If you find a pattern in the problem characters, you could
> do a DB update to clean it before the transition, too. Good
> uck.

Hi,

I read about that, thanks.

The problem was that I had already upgraded the server - the original
DB was only available as a tar.gz, which I installed on a fresh
FreeBSD5.4.

What does one take as parameters for iconv?
I tried UTF-8 to UTF-8, but that didn't change the file.

cheers,
Rainer
--
Rainer Duffner