[rt-users] Update from 3.4.2 to 3.6.4 - now, only metadata and the history of an old ticket is shown

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Sun Jul 29 14:54:35 EDT 2007

Am 29.07.2007 um 09:24 schrieb Rainer Duffner:

> Hi,
>
> I read about that, thanks.
>
> The problem was that I had already upgraded the server - the
> original DB was only available as a tar.gz, which I installed on a
> fresh FreeBSD5.4.
>
> What does one take as parameters for iconv?
> I tried UTF-8 to UTF-8, but that didn't change the file.

OK, the proposed solution from the Postgresql 8.1 release-notes
didn't do anything
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/release-8-1.html),
iconv -c -f UTF-8 -t UTF-8  dumpfile.sql > cleanfile.sql

md5 of both files was equal.

So, I cleaned it by hand. As Kenneth pointed out, there were very few
occurrences that postgresql didn't like.
Luckily.
The line-numbers that psql spat out are not the absolute line-numbers
in the file, but relative to the start of the "COPY attachments"
statement.
I set ":set list" and ":set encoding=utf-8" in vim and could edit
those out.

Phew. System is up and running now, and seems to be working like before.
Good that we don't need it - yet - on weekends ;-)

I must admit that before upgrading, I hadn't touched the installation
of RT3 on this system for probably 18 months.

I had "tested" the upgrade on a test-system, but it escaped me that
the attachments weren't shown...
Talk about "general sloppyness"....

cheers,
Rainer