[rt-users] RT not connecting to database?

James Moseley jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com
Tue Jul 31 16:25:45 EDT 2007

Good.  I wouldn't waste my time trying to tweak selinux.  It sounds like
it's behind a firewall on an internal netwrok, so why turn it on at all.
There are many other things that will break with selinux turned on...

James Moseley

             John Oliver
             <joliver at john-oli
             ver.net>                                                   To
                                       James Moseley
             07/31/2007 03:21          <jmoseley at corp.xanadoo.com>

                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [rt-users] RT not connecting to
                                       database?

On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 08:13:22PM -0500, James Moseley wrote:
> Ruslan makes a good point.  In FC6 and FC7, selinux is enabled by
default.
> You definitely want to turn that off.  Make sure you add:
>
> SELINUX=disabled

HOLY CRAP THAT WAS IT!!!!

I used to install with SELinux disabled by habit.  After attending the
Red Hat Expo, I left it enabled... they had gone on and on about how
things were different, etc. and I believed them :-)

I may see if I can figure out the "right" fix for SELinux rather than
leaving it disabled.  But this is an internal server with no connection
to the outside world, so I'm not going to get too bent out of shape
over this.

Thanks!!!