[rt-users] Ticket content not displayed / content not generated properly (RT 3.4.5)

Niko Tyni ntyni+rt-users at mappi.helsinki.fi
Fri Jun 1 06:10:30 EDT 2007

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 11:45:23AM +0200, Gunnar Gorges wrote:

> I am facing a strange issue using RT 3.4.5 running on Debian Etch/Apache2:
>
> A user today informed me that comments he send are not shown in the
> ticket-display even though the mails were sent correctly. The ticket
> would just stop with an old transaction.

> 3. every time I try to view the page an apache2-child process seems to
> crash: "[notice] child pid 12283 exit signal Segmentation fault (11)".

This is probably Text::Tabs crashing Perl.

 http://bugs.debian.org/400733

 http://rt.perl.org/rt3/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=40989

I think the available workarounds are either changing the ticket contents
or removing the Text::Quoted::extract() call in

html/Ticket/Elements/ShowTransactionAttachments

Cheers,
Niko Tyni   ntyni at iki.fi