[rt-users] RTFM search through body text 2.2.0RC5

Joop JoopvandeWege at mococo.nl
Thu Jun 7 04:22:58 EDT 2007

Jeff Platter wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I’ve newly installed RT 3.6.3 and RTFM 2.2.0RC5. I created a custom
> field for the Article’s body. The field name is called body and the type
> is a wikitext area. Then I created a new class and added the body field
> to that class. I setup the permissions so that I have full access to the
> class.
>

> I went ahead and created a new article in the class. Then when I go to
> the advanced search and try and search for a word that is in the body
> field it doesn’t return any results. I did some searching on the mailing
> list archive and have seen others with a similar problem but no answer yet.

Strange since I have a setup like this and this is the query thats
generated:
/* Formatted on 2007/06/07 10:09 (Formatter Plus v4.8.8) */
SELECT COUNT (DISTINCT main.ID)
   FROM (fm_articles main LEFT JOIN objectcustomfieldvalues
objectcustomfieldvalues_1
        ON ((objectcustomfieldvalues_1.disabled = '0'))
      AND (objectcustomfieldvalues_1.objectid = main.ID))
  WHERE ((LOWER (main.CLASS) = '1'))
    AND (   (objectcustomfieldvalues_1.content LIKE 'blablabla')
         OR (LOWER (main.NAME) LIKE 'blablabla')
         OR (LOWER (main.summary) LIKE 'blablabla')
        )

One thing to notice about this is that we have a modification which
doesn't add the % when searching for 'contains' which translates to the
sql statement LIKE which needs it. Fixing this and running the query by
hand gives me the expected result of: 0 results ;-)
Entering something which I know is available gives me the expected
result though.
One thing to be notice is that there are 2 content columns in the
Objectcustomfieldvalues table namely:
content and largecontent
If it the text does't fit into content it is placed into largecontent
BUT that column is not included in the search which might explain why
you don't find what you're looking for.

Greetings,

Joop