[rt-users] user names appearing in comments dropdown

Michael Kukla kukla at caset.buffalo.edu
Wed Jun 13 14:43:08 EDT 2007

Jesse,
1.

 > Likely the users are still members of groups that have the own tickets
 > right. is that correct?

It doesn't appear that way. We have only two locally defined groups and
none of the disabled users who are appearing in the Comments/Owner drop
are in either of these two groups, i.e., the names of none of the
disabled users are visible from the list generated by

Configuration->
    Groups->
     Select Group->
       "GroupName" ->
          Members

Also, the right to "OwnTicket" is not granted globally to the system
groups:  "Unprivileged", "Privileged", and "Everyone".

However, I now notice that for the Queue where this anomaly was first
noticed, I see that the roles  AdminCc and Cc do have the "OwnTicket"
right. Perhaps some of the disabled users were an AdminCc or a Cc for
the tickets where their names are in showing in Comment/Owner?

2.

 >> What is even stranger, I've found that the the list of users that
 >> appears in the Comments/Owners dropdown varies depending upon which
 >> privileged user currently owns the ticket
 >>
 > _how_ does it vary?

Well, for example, choosing an open ticket, say, #15426, in queue "A"
owned by user "daves", and expanding the Comment/Owner drop down, I see
all current privileged users and *some* of the disabled users.

Repeating these steps for the same owner, and queue, but a different
open ticket, #13780, I see the *same* mixed list of all currently
privileged users and some disabled users.

Now, another open ticket in the same queue, but with  different owner,
the same mixed of user appears in the Comments/Owner dropdown--but with,
Hey!, the addition of the email address of un-privileged Cc for the ticket!

Hmm...Perhaps, Ccs' should not be able to own tickets?

Is that the likely conclusion--along with the guess the disabled users
who are still showing up are still linked in as Cc's on long-ago
**resolved** tickets?

Mike Kukla
CASet
645-6000 x1156

Need assistance?
Always use our workorder system first:

http://www.caset.buffalo.edu/support

If someone is ill or on vacation, you'll get a
more rapid reply.