[rt-users] user names appearing in comments dropdown

Michael Kukla kukla at caset.buffalo.edu
Mon Jun 18 15:13:43 EDT 2007

Jesse et al,

Sorry to say, I again need write the list about something we  noticed
last week--namely, that the names of **disabled** users continue to
appear in the Owner drop down one gets when "Commenting" on  ticket.

It appeared that the problem might have been due to the combination of

1) the fact that the AdminCc and Cc system groups had previously been
granted the "own ticket" right; and

2) the fact that disabled users were  most likely still linked to
Tickets as an AdminCC or Cc--

and thus still potential "owners".

However, the expected fix--globally revoking the "own ticket" right from
AdminCc and CC--didn't work: the disabled users continue to appear in
the Comment on Ticket "Owner" drop down as previously.

Has anyone else encountered, or better, resolved this phenomenon?

Mike Kukla
CASet
645-6000 x1156