[rt-users] Self-service ticket creation

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jun 21 15:26:08 EDT 2007

On Thu, Jun 21, 2007 at 10:02:57AM -0700, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
>  We use self-service for those who just want to send in a note and
> get a ticket created (they have the address of the queue). We do not
> have any forms for them to fill out and send in with other ticket
> information. We would like to do that; have a format for them to send
> with all pertinent data. How is this done? Do you have them send the
> E_mail with an attachement or have the body formated with reserved
> words followed by the corresponding data or what? Thanks.

As others have noted, when this topic was raised in the past, the
solution proposed was indeed to create a custom webform, with as much
validation as you like, which fed the ticket into RT either by email or
by calling the commandline client (which may provide you a touch more
control, but I'm not sure).

I can understand why RT doesn't bundle this functionality; it's the
part most susceptible to local customs.

Cheers,
-- jra