[rt-users] Notification problem

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 28 09:15:06 EDT 2007

At Wednesday 6/27/2007 05:49 PM, Kenneth Crocker wrote:
>To all,
>

>         I was under the assumption that any global scrip applied to
> all queues, but that if one created a "queue only" scrip with the
> same name, the global scrip would be ignored. I have a global scrip
> that states:
>
>name: Notify other recipients on correspond
>condition: on correspond
>action: notify other recipients
>template: global template: correspondence
>stage: TransactionCreate
>
>I have duplicated this scrip by name for queue "GL":
>
>name: Notify other recipients on correspond
>condition: on correspond
>action: notify other recipients as comment
>template: global template: correspondence
>stage: TransactionCreate
>
>         The difference is the "as comment" part. I thought the "as
> comment" meant that an E_mail will NOT go out (otherwise, why have
> that difference?). I made this second scrip because out of 50+
> queues, the owner of the GL queue does not want this type of
> notification. So, I thought by creating the second scrip, it would
> resolve the problem. IT doesn't work. The AdminCc and the CC
> watchers still get E_mail on correspondence. Anyone have a clue as
> to why? Thanks.
>

>Kenn
>LBNL

Hello Kenn,

Neither of these scrips should notify watchers - 'other recipients'
are one-time recipients that you'd type on the reply screen. So I'd
say the notifications you see are coming from another scrip.

Also - "as comment" means that the mail will be sent with the queue's
comment address as the return address. So if someone replies, their
reply will come back to the ticket as a comment.

Steve