[rt-users] Google Summer of Code

Kris Boutilier Kris.Boutilier at scrd.bc.ca
Thu Mar 1 14:29:20 EST 2007

{clip}

> What would you like to do/see done as part of a RT summer of
> code project?

SOAP/REST interfaces have already been mentioned. I'd really like to see
whatever comes out of that decision leveraged to build a decent, tightly
integrated framework for an IVR interface using Asterisk (a-la the now
obsolete http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+Request+Tracker).

Given the wide audience acceptance both the RT and Asterisk projects
have already developed in their particular fields it would seem to be
really good fusion - imagine unpacking an RT installation, unpacking an
Asterisk installation, stirring in some basic configuration and voila! a
telephony user interface to go along with the already great email and
web UIs - all without needing to add expensive, telephony-specific
hardware.

A dash of Sphinx (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Sphinx), a pinch of
Festival (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Festival) all rolled up in
a nice VoiceXML wrapper (http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/VoiceXML)
and it starts to sound like a pretty flexible toolset for doing large
scale customer relationship management projects outside of the IT
domain.

Hmmm, perhaps I'm dreaming... ;-)

Kris Boutilier
Information Services Coordinator