[rt-users] Requestor can't see outgoing mail in Self Service

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Thu Mar 1 15:16:38 EST 2007

Hi All,

I'm trying to implement self service and have 2 questions.

I'm testing Jesse's Autoreply template (lifted from the wiki) that sends a
login password back to a user when a new ticket is opened via e-mail.  The
(unprivileged) user then logs in to track the ticket using his e-mail
address and the random password he received via e-mail as credentials.

1.  There seems to be a problem with letting the user view outgoing
e-mails, even though I think I've given the Requestor role the necessary
privileges.

Setup:
   RT 3.6.3
   Configuration>Queues>(queue-name)>Group Rights:
     Everyone: CreateTicket
     Requestor: SeeQueue, ShowOutgoingEmail, ShowTicket,
ShowTicketComments, WatchAsAdminCc

When the user logs in he is taken to the "RT Self Service / Open Tickets"
page.  Clicking on the new ticket brings it up with "The Basics" and
"History" sections displayed.  The outgoing mail is listed at the bottom of
the History section, along with a [Show] link.  Clicking on the [Show] link
takes the user back to the "RT Self Service / Open Tickets" page (instead
of displaying the e-mail), even though the URL looks like it should display
the e-mail:
"rt/Ticket/ShowEmailRecord.html?id=75&Transaction=807&Attachment=255".
When a superuser clicks on the same link the e-mail is displayed.

Is this a bug or expected behavior?  Have I given the Requestor role the
appropriate rights?

2.  Another question, only vaguely related: Is there a way for this
unprivileged user to change the random password he was assigned?

Thanks,
Gene

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC