[rt-users] RT3 (3.6.3) and LDAP auth config issue

Dayton Jones djones at proofpoint.com
Fri Mar 2 15:27:49 EST 2007

I just installed RT3 (3.6.3) on a FC6 box using 'yum install rt3' and
made sure that the base install was working (login, queue creation, etc)
and then tried to setup LDAP authentication.

I followed the install instructions (New Installs) at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?LDAP

First problem is there is no local/lib/RT  so I put User_Local.pm in
/etc/rt3/  (default location of RT_SiteConfig.pm and RT_Config.pm) -also
put a copy in /var/lib/rt3

I modified the LdapAttMap and LdapUser/LdapPass settings and set the
auth to LDAP only (no local)

When I try to login I just get "Your username or password is incorrect"
in the browser and "[error]: FAILED LOGIN for [USER] from
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  (/usr/share/rt3/html/autohandler:249)" in my apache
log.

I've checked the WIKI, and searched the archives but everything I see
just points me back to the wiki article I used.

What did I miss, or what can I check to get LDAP auth to work?

OS:                  FC6

RT3 ver:            3.6.3

Perl ver:            5.8.8

Apache ver:       2.2.3