[rt-users] Requestor can't see outgoing mail in Self Service

Gene LeDuc gleduc at mail.sdsu.edu
Fri Mar 2 15:58:02 EST 2007

It looks like a bug to me.  The only way I've been able to allow an
unprivileged requestor to view outgoing e-mail is to turn him into a
privileged user.  Privileged users get a different Display.html than
unprivileged users, and I think that's the difference.

I'm probably over-simplifying the program, but I grepped the source tree
looking for 'ShowOutgoingEmail' and it only showed up in
Ticket/Update.html.  I would have expected to see it in a display-related
file like Display.html or ShowEmailRecord.html.

Unfortunately I'm not a perl guru and can't completely grok the difference
between SelfService/Display.html and Ticket/Display.html.  Or it might be
something in ShowEmailRecord.html, but I'm not seeing the "Abort" message
anywhere and don't know whether the Abort function would cause the new
window to open to the SelfService page instead of displaying the requested
e-mail.

--
Gene LeDuc, GSEC
Security Analyst