[rt-users] Weirdness with $WebURL and certain links

Jamie A Lawrence jal at clueinc.net
Fri Mar 2 21:45:35 EST 2007

Hi, all -

I just set up RT 3.6.3 with RTFM (2.0.4, I think, but whatever the
latest production was about a week ago).

Everything's fine (fully functional, and mostly already in use), save
one thing. Anchors in the 'Links' sections all point to localhost,
implicit port 80, instead of the configured host/port. Only those -
everything else just works fine.

I Set $WebBaseURL in SiteConfig, and then to be sure, hardcoded
$WebURL. I went so far as to do the same in RT_Config (I know, but
this was becoming cargo coding, and I changed it back.). Yes, server
restarts in between.

So, I started tracing through the code stack, and came to lib/RT/URI/
fsck_com_rt.pm. Sure enough, once I committed the ultimate sin:

sub HREF {
     my $self = shift;
     if ($self->IsLocal && $self->Object && ($self->ObjectType eq
'ticket')) {
         return ( 'http://my.domain.com:8080/' . "Ticket/Display.html?
id=".$self->Object->Id);
         #return ( $RT::WebURL . "Ticket/Display.html?id=".$self-
 >Object->Id);
     }
     else {
         return ($self->URI);
     }
}

It worked.

(1) Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening?
(2) Is this going to break something I haven't noticed yet (other
than the inevitable grief in a year when I upgrade and don't remember
that I did that), if I leave it in place out of expediency?

TIA,

-j