The RT wiki and a small flame (was: Re: [rt-users] Creating tickets from external form)

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:22:09 EST 2007

May be it's not there. As well as other terms are not there, but there
is http://wiki.bestpractical.com/?RTGlossary with next text "Feel free
to add terms even without descriptions, may be once somebody add a
descrition, but sure adding term with a description is much better".

I'll try to explain one simple thing: you're the best person to add
new content to the wiki. Why? Because you're the most interested party
in getting new knowledge. I know what is REST, at least I know that
it's interface RT has and RT's CLI is using it, I know where to find
more answers and where should I hack if something doesn't work right,
I don't know if people are interested in this info or not, so I don't
care about writing something.

You don't know what is REST. Ok. Google for it, ask on the list, but
then when you'll get an answer open the wiki add REST page to glossary
and fill in what you've figured out. That's all. People spend time to
describe it to you, so you have to spend your time too to pay them
back. Try to avoid "Thank you, problem is solved" and write something
like "Thank you, I've updated the wiki with this info, you can find it
here URL".

As far as I can see your question is "How to create ticket from an
external app"? In various forms this question has been asked many-many
times, I even think this should be added to FAQ. As well this question
has been answered many-many times, but no one as I recall have added
answers to wiki. You can be the first one.

Best regards, Ruslan.