[rt-users] Perl API Help for group rights and queue rights

Krieg, Alexander alexander.krieg at desy.de
Thu Mar 8 12:34:39 EST 2007

Hi everybody,

i already realised to create create queues and groups via the API, that
works all fine.
Where i hang at the moment is the right management.
I guess i can set rights for groups over something like
my $group = RT::Group->new($RT::SystemUser);
    $group->LoadUserDefinedGroup('my group name');
    $group->SetPrincipal('?');
and than to set the right  i want for this group and the same for a queue.

But how to tell RT that for example in my Queue 'testqueue' the group
'testgroup' has the right to  EditSafedSearches.
Wow to do this in the API and how does RT organises this,  i can
understand how a  group or a queue can get rights but the connection
between both is a bit  buffling to me at the moment, even i guess
everything runs over ACL and Principals table.
Could anybody help me a bit out here.

Best Regards
Alexander Krieg