[rt-users] RT 3.6.3 and problem with RT::Action::Notify and NotifyAsComment

Gilhooley, Dennis gilhoole at buffalo.edu
Tue Mar 13 10:34:23 EDT 2007

	Hi!

	I am having a similar problem to dkubilos at oxnardsd posted on
3/1.

	Since we upgraded to RT 3.6.3 (running on an Apple Server (OS X
Server 10.4.8), we are having problems with the sending of e-mail when a
comment is posted.

	A "Reply" which generates a correspond action, works fine, but
if you click on Comment from the Ticket Display screen, enter a comment
and click Update Ticket, the ticket is updated with the comment but no
mail is generated.  Nothing ever hits the mail logs, but in the RT log,
I see the following:

=
[Tue Mar 13 14:20:16 2007] [error]: Scrip Prepare 8 died. - Can't locate
object method "new" via package "RT::Action::NotifyAsComment" at
/opt/rt3/lib/RT/ScripAction_Overlay.pm line 177, <GEN629> line 23.
=

I also see similar errors in the RT log with RT::Action::Notify listed
as the offending package.

I have run make testdeps on our prod machine and everything appears to
be in order.

I have repaired permissions on the server thinking it may have been a
permissions issue.

I have upgraded DBIx::SearchBuilder since I saw this solving a similar
issue.

I am still seeing the error.

Any ideas or directions you can point me in would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Denny

Dennis P. Gilhooley
State University of New York at Buffalo
Administrative Computing Services     email: gilhoole at buffalo.edu
215 MFAC, Ellicott Complex            Tel: 716-645-3587 ext. 7006
Buffalo, NY  14261-0016               Fax: 716-645-3588